Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Presentation deadline

today, I realized a mistake in the spreadsheet that I used. The broadline luminosity that I used for most of the scatter plots was copied from another spreadsheet, but I didn't notice that some of the objects were different, so they weren't the right values. So, I calculated the actual broadline luminosity and made new scatter plots. This turned out to give much better results with nice trends. Then I met with Dr. R to look over the plots and the ones I will use for the presentation. I made the final revisions on my powerpoint and handed it to Joe at 3:30. I had to look up what a MBH and ISIS stood for in case someone asked me that during the presentation.

PS: MBH is massive black hole, and ISIS is Intermediate dispersion Spectrograph and Imaging System.

Thursday and Friday will seem like light days (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment