Wednesday, July 28, 2010
today I finished copying the data from the plain text files onto excel and then finished taking more objects' oxygen data, subtracting iron and sulfur data from the raw to get what is supposed to be the iron data. I could have done more, but Chris M.'s program was having some trouble loading the data into columns. I also asked Chris what the overall goal of the project was, and now I understand exactly what it is I am doing, and how all the data and numbers relate to active galactic nuclei (AGN) and the supermassive black hole in the center. Now, I feel more informed and understanding of what I am doing.